Life Empowerment happens when there are opportunities for autonomy and self-determination in people and in communities. In order for people to act in self-determined ways, we need representatives that will implement life empowering policies. Policies that provide resources to meet the basic needs that create a foundation of autonomy. Life Empowerment, in its legislative form, demands that productivity never surpasses that of humanity. To upend the status quo means to value people above economic output, and to shift our system of economic output to truly serve the people.
I view Life Empowerment policies as a multi-step approach to governance. We can implement a protective safety-net to secure everyone’s basic needs, and establish the supportive framework necessary to allow every family and individual to fulfill their own futures. Personal dreams, community goals, collective joy, familial love, and generational hope all are fueled by eliminating the weight of financial despair which burdens so many hard-working peoples.
How do we eliminate that burden? We build upon the work of progressives from a past generation. Progressives of the New Deal. Progressives of Great Society. We take their blueprint, and apply it to policies of today, prioritizing equity and systemic reformation.
- I will fight to install the vital social safeguards which prevents structural & cyclical unemployment and automation, and instead stimulates bottom-up economic development, through Universal Basic Income
- I will work to elevate the very value attributed to human life in this country, demanding that our elected officials work towards securing a comprehensive Medicare for All program, ensuring that no American family needs to factor in overwhelming medical bill costs in any life decision
- I will do everything I can to shift the scales of balance in this country’s housing market, in order to reduce the unjustly attained power of real estate corporations and fight regulatory barriers which both limit the supply of affordable housing and leave renters/buyers more vulnerable than ever
- I will ease the anxiety of a generation of Americans’ whose very future is now compromised from the devastating threat of climate change and its horrific impacts, by working towards a Green New Deal which not only mobilizes the resources of this country to fight the crisis, but builds an opportune path towards new, clean American industry that values justice and the perspective of vulnerable communities
- The work continues, with robust policy outlines that seek to support numerous facets of American life, building a supportive floor to stand on and supplementing the dreams of families and communities who want to look toward their futures with hope. For more information, please visit our Issues page (coming soon).